Productivity Tools - A suite of enhancements for iFIX
Top Reasons to use iFIX Productivity Tools
- Improve usability and user experience with off-the-shelf and consistent menu navigation, data list display, operation dialogs, tab displays and more.
- Empower your operations - New alarm management facilities, control facilities and a comprehensive events facility.
- Save development and deployment time.
- Reduce costs - less configuration work, abnd lower the cost of ongoing maintenance.
- It costs nothing - for customers with current GE Acceleration Plan (Global Care).
iFIX 5.9, 6.0 and 6.5 license ships with iFIX Productivity Tools included, installation follows the iFIX install.
Also available for iFIX versions 5.8, please contact your local GE Digital representative.
Productivity Tools for iFIX - What's new and improved?
- Intuitive navigation tools, easily configured and maintained without scripting
- Enhanced Picture interaction with intuitive pan & zoom controls, multi-monitor support, multiple picture support on a single monitor
- Consistent equipment control interface (Operator Dialog) for all device types, without programming
- Universal equipment information containers (Tab Displays)
- Robust and safe equipment control & lockout processes
- Improved alarm management including enhanced acknowledgement, alarms list, alarm disable & reporting, dynamic alarm limit setting and reporting
- Detailed and permanent event recording and reporting
- High visibility warning indicators, pre-op warnings and operator notes system for safer operations
Giving iFIX users the best possible work environment is just the beginning, Productivity Tools deliver bankable benefits for your business:
- Lowers Cost of Ownership - Eliminates common maintenance jobs and accelerates others, saving you money, time and resources.
- Improves Ease of Use - Becomes easier to use and learn, increasing the efficiency and productivity of your operators while reducing training requirements.
- Facilitates Safer Operations - Distinctive new alerts, warnings and information displays, complemented by consistent operations and robust safety mechanisms that protect personnel, extend equipment life and help prevent unplanned downtime.
- Enhances Operational Intelligence - Better operational information, enhanced information presentation, improved operational event recording, historical event analysis and reporting.
- Extends the Life of your iFIX System - Delivering common HMI requirements with proven, ready-to-go solutions immediately improves the consistency and maintainability of your iFIX system. Removing dependence on custom scripts and programming enhances this housekeeping effect, helping restore system integrity, reducing maintenance requirements, facilitating future expansion, all adding years to your current system.
How to get Productivity Tools for iFIX at no additional cost
iFIX Productivity Tools is available for iFIX version 5.8 and later. It is included with every iFIX license.
GE iFIX customers with Acceleration Plans (Global Care) support receive Productivity Tools at no additional cost.
To install on a system already running iFIX:
Go to Control Panel>Programs>iFIX5.x>Right-click>Change>Modify>Next>Mark Productivity Tools box>Next
Productivity Tools will then be installed. Please refer to our iFIX Productivity Tools videos in the 'Resources' tab below for further information.
To install, mark the box for Productivity Tools as above.
Contact your local GE Digital / GE Intelligent Platforms distributor for details on GlobalCare renewals and access to iFIX Productivity Tools.