Catapult Software supports a range of communications software solutions for data acquisition using various industry standard protocols. This includes Catapult's own DNP3 driver available for native iFIX, CIMPLICITY and OPC.
DNP3 provides master server communications to DNP3 slave devices. The DNP3 driver enables the secure transfer of data to and from field devices using the DNP 3.0 protocol. It will enable you to automatically connect, control and manage devices with SCADA systems such as iPower.
- Supports DNP3 Level 3 for both requests and responses
- IP UDP & TCP
- Serial (300-57600 baud), including flow control
- Radio support including PTT control; pre & post-transmission delay setting
- Configurable retries and timeouts
- Sequence of Events
- Report by exception
- Supports DNP3 levels 1, 2, 3
- Up to 200 channels & 1,000 devices
- Supports fast recovery of SOE data after a communications failure
Devices & Channels
- Separate configuration of devices and channels
- Each device can be associated with one or more channels
- Automatic failover when multiple channels available
Sequence of Events
- SOE Level 3 time mode, supporting Local and UTC
- Each and every SOE detected and written to the SOE log file, time-stamped to 1msec using time captured by the I/O device
- Includes time synchronisation
Momentary Change Detect
- Momentary changes (e.g. closed> open>closed) can be latched between OPC read requests to allow the HMI to alarm momentary changes.
- Momentary changes reported using time captured by the I/O device for display in the HMI alarm system.
- "On the fly" configuration without requiring system restart
- Separate SOE log file
- Communications monitoring in configuration window and to file
- Logging of raw binary data (data link) and decrypted data (application layer)
- Comprehensive statistics for both devices and channels
- All statistics available as standard HMI database tags