DNP3 Driver using industry standard OPC
Catapult's DNP3 provides master communications to DNP3 slave devices. The driver operates as an industry standard OPC server for any control systems that support OPC.
- Supports DNP3 Level 3 for both requests and responses
- IP UDP & TCP
- Serial (300-57600 baud), including flow control
- Radio support including PTT control; pre & post-transmission delay setting
- Configurable retries and timeouts
- Sequence of Events
- Report by exception
- Slave supported levels 1, 2, 3
- Up to 200 channels & 1,000 devices
Devices & Channels
- Separate configuration of devices and channels
- Each device can be associated with one or more channels
- Automatic failover when multiple channels available
Sequence of Events
- SOE Level 3 time mode, supporting Local and UTC
- Each and every SOE detected and written to the SOE log file, time stamped to 1msec using time captured by the I/O device
- Includes time synchronization
Momentary Change Detect
- Momentary changes (e.g. closed> open>closed) can be latched between OPC read requests to allow the HMI to alarm momentary changes.
- Momentary changes reported using time captured by the I/O device for display in the HMI alarm system.
- “On the fly” configuration without requiring system restart
- Separate SOE log file
- Communications monitoring in configuration window and to file
- Logging of raw binary data (data link) and decrypted data (application layer)
- Comprehensive statistics for both devices and channels
- All statistics available as standard HMI database tags
Please note the DNP3 driver available from this page is a generic OPC driver. Proficy iFIX and Cimplicity users are recommended to use the the Proficy-specific DNP3 driver available through your local GE Intelligent Platforms Inc. representative.