iFIX Training Course
Catapult Software will be hosting a 4-day iFIX training course in April - iFIX from GE Digital 5.9: Fundamentals & Beyond.
Format: 4 days - 8am to 4pm, last day to finish at 2:30pm
Dates: Tuesday, April 17 – Friday, April 20, 2018
Venue: The Spencer on Byron, 9-17 Byron Avenue, Takapuna, Auckland
The course is designed to provide a good working knowledge of iFIX from GE Digital. All major features are covered, from project configuration to data acquisition and visualisation. Valuable hands-on lab exercises are provided to guide attendees through the building and modification of an HMI-SCADA application from top to bottom.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for process, automation or instrumentation engineers and system integrators who will be developing, configuring and using applications on an iFIX system.
Are there any prerequisites?
Participants should have a working knowledge of Windows operating systems. Control system exposure and experience is recommended.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand communication between iFIX SCADA Servers and iFIX iClient nodes.
- Configure iFIX nodes using the System Configuration Utility.
- Configure I/O Drivers to communicate with iFIX.
- Integrate iFIX with OPC servers and Clients
- Create and modify standard Process Database tags.
- Create graphic screens (pictures) using a wide variety of object types and animations.
- Design and build a picture navigation strategy.
- Create basic scripts using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Understand how VBA functions inside of iFIX.
- Configure alarming and create screens to monitor and acknowledge alarms.
- Use trending to monitor both real-time and historical data.
- Integrate iFIX with GE Historian
- Work with ActiveX components
- Implement iFIX Productivity Tools
- Design and build a system-wide security strategy.
- Use a variety of iFIX Utilities and Operating System administrative options to troubleshoot project or system process faults.
Available onsite at the venue, a group booking rate has been secured.
NZD $2,500.00 (plus GST) per person, includes lunch, refreshments, lab computer and manuals.
How to Book:
We look forward to seeing you there.